AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Follow your interest in psychology to one of the most beautiful cultural and intellectual capitals in Europe. In Prague, you’ll use compelling coursework and engaging cultural activities to explore the development of modern psychology, its relationship to politics and art, and its role in Central Europe’s turbulent past.
Its innumerable characteristic steeples have earned this UNESCO World Heritage site the nickname, “Hundred-Towered City.” Find out why it’s a perfect example of the steady development of a society transitioning from its communist past – with a population of only 1,200,000, Prague has an unusually rich cultural life, including festivals, operas, concerts, and cultural programs that students can experience like native Praguers.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
An overall GPA of 2.50 is required to be considered for this program.
SUMMER TERM 1:
Late May – Mid-June
SUMMER TERM 2
: Mid-June – Mid-July
SUMMER TERM 3
: Mid-July – Mid-August
AREAS OF STUDY
to find the list of available courses.
Apartment (meals not included)
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Take a day trip to Terezín, former Jewish ghetto and Nazi labor camp.
- Visit Sychrov, a beautiful Neo-Gothic castle.
- Stop by Karlštejn, the famous gothic fortress built by Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV.
- Travel to Karlovy Vary, Plzen and/or Jáchymov on an overnight trip.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 31
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
CIEE Summer Psychology in Prague, Czech Republic
This summer, follow your interest in psychology to one of the most beautiful cultural and intellectual capitals in Europe.
In Prague, you'll use compelling coursework and engaging cultural activities to explore the development of modern psychology, its relationship to politics and art; and its and its role in Central Europe's turbulent past.
Study Psychology in Prague and you will:
- Take advantage of city's central location in order to see the many cultural sites of Czech Republic and other European cities such as Budapest, Vienna, Krakow, or Berlin which are just a train or bus ride away
- Enroll in courses taught by faculty from the renowned Charles University
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.