PROGRAM | COURSES AVAILABLE | COSTS | APPLICATION PROCESS | FACULTY CONTACTS
SUMMER 2019 PROGRAMS ARE CLOSED. SUMMER 2020 PROGRAMS WILL OPEN ON OCTOBER 2ND.
THE BEST OF CENTRAL EUROPE
This year, we are travelling to Southern Bohemia and Central Europe. Our itinerary will include visits to Czech Republic (Prague), Slovakia (Bratislava), Poland (Krakow and Wroclaw), and eastern Germany (Leipzig and Bayreuth). We will also have walking city tours and excursions to castles, historic cathedrals, a visit to Petrof Piano Factory, and much more!
This is one of the most popular short-term study abroad programs at Belmont, so much so that some students have repeated the trip three times and we anticipate that this trip will be sold out in a short period of time.
We will depart Nashville on May 5 and return on May 29. A maximum of 24 students may go on the trip, so if you are interested, don’t delay and contact Dr. Ted Wylie (460-8108) at email@example.com
to reserve your spot.
Come join a grand tradition. We promise you will not be disappointed!
All courses will satisfy either Belmont requirements in the Gen Ed core or the specified major. You must participate in at least one course offered in Central Europe. You should consult individual program faculty to see how online options can fit into your study abroad program.
- Walking tours in each city
- Petrof Piano Factory
- Wagner Opera House
- River float trip
- Historic churches and cathedrals
- MUH 1200/2000: Music History & Appreciation
- MUH 2200: Music History 1700 – present
- MUH 3200: Music History Antiquity – 1700
- MUH 4200 History of Commercial Music
- PSC 2300: International Relations, For either major requirement or for general education
- PSC 2400: Comparative Politics, For either major requirement or for general education
ENG 3950: Third Year Writing (English 3010; satisfies BELL CORE requirement)
REL 3950: Religion Jr. Cornerstone (Path A or B; satisfies BELL CORE requirement)
INB 3950: (satisfies BBA Core Business requirement for International Business 3300)
1. Program Fee: $7,250:
This fee includes all transportation (airfare, etc.), entrance to all group activities (museums, performances, etc.), fourteen (14) dinners, all accommodations (including all breakfasts), and student health insurance
Costs not covered by the program fee include:
additional meals, personal expenses.
2. Belmont Tuition
Tuition is charged at the special study abroad tuition rate of 2/3 off the cost of normal Maymester tuition. For every 3 hours of study abroad credit you register for, you pay for only one hour.
Program Deposit: $500 due at time of acceptance
Faculty-Led Application Process
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Break Programs: November 15
- Maymester Programs: February 1
- Summer Programs: February 15
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
Dr. Ted Wylie
Professor of Music and Coordinator of International Studies