PROGRAM | COURSES AVAILABLE | COSTS | APPLICATION PROCESS | FACULTY CONTACTS
WORLD RELIGION AND IDENTITIES
Visit synagogues, cathedrals, and mosques of Andalusia, Spain in this study abroad program of about three weeks in May. Religion Junior Cornerstone and Humanities/Spanish cross-listed courses anchor this program and offer students a unique opportunity to experience the diverse religious histories and peoples of Spain
All courses will satisfy either Belmont requirements in the BELL Core or the specified major. You must participate in at least one course offered in Spain. You should consult individual program faculty to see how online options can fit into your study abroad program.
- Visits to cities where Islamic, Christian and Jewish cultures once converged, including: Cordoba, Toledo, Granada, Seville (homestays with families in Seville), Madrid
It is strongly encouraged that participants enroll in both Dr. Holt and Dr. McCoy’s courses. Even if enrolled in only one of the two courses, student participants in the program are required to attend all classroom instruction since Dr. Holt and Dr. McCoy team-teach. The SPA credit will only be available to upper level majors or minors who have already completed Advanced Spanish I & II (SPA 3100/3110). You should consult individual program faculty to see how online options can fit into your study abroad program.
- REL 3015 (3950): Ethics and World Religions: Religion Junior Cornerstone (Path A or B)
- HUM/SPA 3895 (3950): Jewish, Christian, Muslim Spain: Negotiating Identities in Early Modern Spain
ENG 3950: Third Year Writing (English 3010; satisfies BELL Core requirement)
INB 3950: (satisfies BBA Core Business requirement for International Business 3300)
1. Program Fee: $4,250+ Airfare:
This fee will include, housing, transportation in-country, a few meals, additional meals during home stay in Seville, on-site support, tour guide fees, all entrance fees to places of interest, student health insurance
Costs not covered by the program fee include: Airfare, c
ourse texts/supplies, personal expenses for additional travel, additional meals, and gifts/souvenirs.
2. Belmont Tuition
Tuition is charged at the special study abroad tuition rate of 2/3 off the cost of normal Maymester tuition. For every 3 hours of study abroad credit you register for, you pay for only one hour.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.
Program Deposit: $500 due at time of acceptance
Faculty-Led Application Process
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Break Programs: November 15
- Maymester Programs: February 1
- Summer Programs: February 15
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
Dr. Mitch McCoy
Foreign Language Department
firstname.lastname@example.org • JAAC 3071
Dr. Sally Holt
College of Theology and Christian Ministry
email@example.com • JAAC 2009