AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
London offers a vast resource for experience-based learning. The work environments available to FIE interns cater to almost every major and include the various business sectors, not-for-profit, political, public sector and creative organizations. Through FIE’s internship course, including the placements and internship seminars, you will have the opportunity to build professional skills, increase industry knowledge and experience while working in a different culture and in a major global city.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
FIE requires a 2.75 GPA to be considered for this program.
Late August – Mid-December
Early January – Mid April
AREAS OF STUDY
Your studies are paired with an FIE internship placement at a small-to-medium sized London company. Classes include yourInternational Internship Course (IIC), which integrates your internship with classroom seminars — the perfect setting for reflecting and analyzing your work experience. You will also take an FIE Key Course and can sign up for optional electives (depending on your program term).
and scroll down to browse courses.
FIE’s student residences are located in some of the most vibrant parts of London. Student residential buildings in the Kensington area are usually mid to late 19th century converted townhouses. Some are flats and some are floor style. Most students will live in double, triple, and quad occupancy rooms. Each bedroom is fully furnished. Common kitchens are equipped with cookware, silverware, and dishes. There are many options. Click here
for more information.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
Meals and groceries
to read about the club and activities FIE has to offer!
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009