AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Located a short commute from the center of Galway, a semester or year at National University is sure to provide an eclectic cultural experience for its students. Though your classes will be taught in English, you will feel and hear the Irish culture on campus at National University. If you want a taste of a true Irish city, National University could be a good choice for you.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Arcadia requires a 3.0 to be considered for this program.
Late August - Mid December
Early January - Mid May
Late August - Mid May
AREAS OF STUDY
- Ethnic and Cultural Studies
- Social Sciences
to browse courses.
for more information about courses from Arcadia.
You will live on campus at National University in a shared bedroom with a shared bathroom in an apartment style accomodation. You will have a shared living space and kitchen. Meals are not
provided. Click here
to read more about accomodations at National University of Ireland.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Students will first pay Belmont tuition. The provider will then charge Belmont for the cost of the program. Belmont will pay for the program using the student's tuition. If the provider program costs more than Belmont tuition, the student will be charged the amount that is above and beyond Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel. It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Meals are not included
- Visas may require a fee. To read more about visas click here
- Optional Arcadia excursions
- Personal expenses
Arcadia will plan some excursions that you may choose to participate in. You also have the option to participate in service activities while in Ireland if you wish. Click here
to learn more about this opportunity.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 1
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
National University of Ireland Galway
NUIG is a distinguished university with a reputation for teaching excellence that spans more than 160 years, with a particular strength in Celtic civilization, history, business, natural and computer sciences.
Located on Ireland's mythical west coast, Galway is a gorgeous city that is rich in Irish culture and language.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.