AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Study abroad at University of Glasgow offers you a green campus setting in the up-scale West End of Glasgow in an institution that is consistently ranked among the UK's top universities. You will experience a world-class academic program in a city that is trendy, vibrant and energetic.
The second oldest university in Scotland, with close to 17,000 students, Glasgow boasts one of the largest biology departments in the UK, has a large English department with superb offerings in Scottish literature and Scottish studies and excels in medieval history. Courses in theater, film and television, theology, physics and engineering are very popular with students as well as the diverse offerings in law - several law courses are designed specifically for North American students who would like a pre-law concentration.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Arcadia requires a 2.8 GPA to be considered for this program.
Late August – Mid-December
Early January – Mid May
Late August - Mid May
AREAS OF STUDY
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
to browse courses.
for more information about courses from Arcadia.
You will live on campus at the University of Glasgow. You may live in a single or double with a shared kitchen. Click here
for more information about housing.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Students will first pay Belmont tuition. The provider will then charge Belmont for the cost of the program. Belmont will pay for the program using the student's tuition. If the provider program costs more than Belmont tuition, the student will be charged the amount that is above and beyond Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Meals are not included
- Visas do not require a fee. To read more about visas click here
- Optional Arcadia excusrions
- Personal expenses
Arcadia will plan some excursions that you may choose to participate in. You will also have the opportunity to engage with students in on-campus lectures, clubs, and other experiences in the city.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 1
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 31
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow offers you a large, green campus setting in the upscale West End of Glasgow, a thriving, energetic city with many cultural and social attractions. The wide choice of courses ranges from biology, physics and engineering to law, Scottish literature and film.
Additionally, you will be afforded the opportunity to take art courses at the renowned Glasgow School of Art.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.