AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Located in the heart of Scotland's capital city, which itself a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the university’s primary campus was built around George's Square, with its views of Edinburgh Castle and the great craggy rocks of Arthur's seat. There is also a King's Buildings campus for students in the College of Science and Engineering, with its own library, computer lab facilities and a free shuttle bus between the two campuses. Edinburgh is a real student town and you can move easily between your classes and life in the city within a matter of minutes. Against the backdrop of elegance and striking beauty of the city it calls home, the university hosts a population of over 20,000 students. It offers an extensive range of courses in the arts, humanities, social sciences, science and engineering, languages, divinity studies, education, law, medicine and veterinary medicine, and music.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Arcadia requires a 3.0 GPA to be considered for this program.
Early September – Late December
Early January – Late May
Early September - Late May
AREAS OF STUDY
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Religious Studies
to browse courses.
for more informtion about courses from Arcadia.
Students are housed in either residential buildings with meal plans or in apartments without meal plans. Click here
for more information.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Students will first pay Belmont tuition. The provider will then charge Belmont for the cost of the program. Belmont will pay for the program using the student's tuition. If the provider program costs more than Belmont tuition, the student will be charged the amount that is above and beyond Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Meals may or may not be included based on your housing selection
- Visas may require a fee. To read more about visas click here
- Optional Arcadia excusrions
- Personal expenses
Arcadia will plan some excursions that you may choose to participate in. You will also have the opportunity to engage with students in on-campus lectures, clubs, and other experiences in the city. Edinburgh is a popular study abroad destination, so you will meet many students from a variety of backgrounds.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 1
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
University of Edinburgh
Located in one of Europe's most beautiful cities, the University of Edinburgh is one of the world's premier academic institutions.
A range of course options are available to you, taught by Edinburgh's expert faculty. Additional support is available through the Arcadia Edinburgh Center, which is located directly on campus.
Cornerstone Course, Cross Cultural Travel Writing: Explore the history of this unique genre of writing in Scotland as well as the work of Scottish writers abroad. As part of your study, you'll create a travel blog and a final reflective presentation. Discover Scotland and the world through your own creative impressions and those of others! (This course includes a weekend excursion.)
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.