AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Spend summer studying in the exciting, beautiful and cosmopolitan city of Sydney, where the multicultural population gives the city a dynamic, colorful and friendly vibe. With fascinating courses taught by Arcadia faculty and an emphasis on learning outside the classroom, this program promises to teach you in many different ways.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Belmont requires a 2.5 GPA to be considered for this program.
: Late May - Mid July
AREAS OF STUDY
- Ethnic and Cultura Studies
- Environmental Studies
to browse courses.
As a participant on the Summer Sydney Internship program, you will live in a student apartment. Meals are not
included. Click here
for more information.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
Meals are not included.
Visas may require a fee. To read more about visas click here
Optional Arcadia excusrions
Arcadia will plan some excursions that you may choose to participate in. You will also have the opportunity to engage with locals through your internship.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 31
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad JAAC 1009
Arcadia in Sydney Summer
Spend summer studying in the exciting, beautiful and cosmopolitan city of Sydney, where the multicultural population gives the city a dynamic, colorful and friendly vibe. With fascinating courses taught by Arcadia faculty and an emphasis on learning outside the classroom, this program promises to teach you in many different ways. You’ll study two courses for three credits each, focusing on the interwoven political, economic and global interests of Asia and Australia and on contemporary Australian issues.
Arcadia excursions are a core part of your study, to help you get to know the city, key places of interest, historic and social context and the mix of cultures living together. You’ll also have support from Arcadia staff and faculty the entire time to ensure you make the most of your experience both academically and through personal development.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.