AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Best known for environmental science, law, geology, and political studies, you’ll find thousands of courses available in subjects ranging from anthropology, film & mediastudies, and theater studies to ecology, genetics, biochemistry, bioethics, business, psychology and physical education. New Zealand is ranked No. 1 in the world for student teaching, which is reflected in the University of Otago’s unique internships, service learning and practicum courses for education students. It also has one of only two medical schools in the country. Many science courses use the environment around Otago as their laboratory and involve a field study component creating opportunities to get out and experience the real New Zealand.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Arcadia requires a 2.8 GPA to be considered for this program.
Late June– Mid-November
Mid February – Late June
Late June - Late June
AREAS OF STUDY
- Legal Studies
- Environmental Studies
to browse courses.Click here
for more information about courses from Arcadia.
to view approved courses and Belmont equivalents.
University Flats / Apartments are available as housing options for students studying at the University of Otago for one semester. Dunedin has a wide range of rentalaccommodations from historic houses to multi-unit, purpose built complexes. The University of Otago manages many flats as a primary accommodation option for international and study abroad students, and strives to place one host student within each flat to give students valuable information about student life in Dunedin and New Zealand life in general. The flats are located close to campus and shopping and contain a furnished kitchen, common room, and single bedrooms.
There are additional housing options available only to students arriving in February who are staying for 2 semesters, or for students who are arriving in the July semester. If you are interested in these options, contact your Program Manager for more information about the application process. Placement is not guaranteed. Click here
for more information.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Students will first pay Belmont tuition. The provider will then charge Belmont for the cost of the program. Belmont will pay for the program using the student's tuition. If the provider program costs more than Belmont tuition, the student will be charged the amount that is above and beyond Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
4. OtherMeals are not included
- Visas do may require a fee. To read more about visas click here
- Optional Arcadia excusrions
- Personal expenses
Arcadia will plan some excursions that you may choose to participate in. The lively campus, active clubs and societies and the vibrant city of Dunedin all provide opportunities to immerse yourself in New Zealand academic life.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 1
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
University of Otago
As New Zealand's oldest university, Otago is renowned for its academic quality. Many science courses take advantage of the area surrounding Otago for field studies and laboratory work.
The beautiful campus with stunning stone architecture is located in the vibrant, seaside college town of Dunedin, a great place for students to engage with local kiwi culture.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.