AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
If you’re looking for the widest choice of courses in South Africa and an institution with weight and prestige then studying abroad at the University of Cape Town (UCT) is probably the best bet for you. On Arcadia’s program, you can also add courses and experiences that get you involved with local communities and service efforts.
Perched on the side of Table Mountain, UCT has stunning vistas from every angle and is a popular choice for study abroad. Of its population of more than 20,000, about 4,000 students are international, creating a dynamic energy on campus and in the more than 100 clubs and societies. The Arcadia Cape Town Center is located right on campus at UCT, in the Ivan Tom’s Building, which sits between the upper campus and the Medical School on campus at UCT.
All students on this program take part in Arcadia’s Course, Introducing South Africa: History, Politics and Culture, which provides a forum for reflection and analysis on current issues and challenges facing South Africans - an insightful starting point for all students
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Arcadia requires a 2.8 GPA to be considered for this program.
Early August – Early December
Late January – Mid June
Early August - Mid June
AREAS OF STUDY
- Political Science
- Social Work
for information about courses.
There are three types of accommodation available to Arcadia students studying at the University of Cape Town (UCT), depending on student preference and availability. Click here
for more information. Meals are not
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Students will first pay Belmont tuition. The provider will then charge Belmont for the cost of the program. Belmont will pay for the program using the student's tuition. If the provider program costs more than Belmont tuition, the student will be charged the amount that is above and beyond Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Meals are not included
- Visas do not require a fee. To read more about visas click here
- Optional Arcadia excursions
- Personal expenses
Arcadia will plan some excursions that you may choose to participate in. You will also have the opportunity to engage with students in on-campus lectures, clubs, and other experiences in the city.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: September 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: February 15
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
University of Cape Town
This campus has a friendly, international feel with its diverse student body and abundance of clubs and societies. Take advantage of your time at such a truly comprehensive institution with outstanding faculty in every school within the university. Particular academic strengths include business, science, engineering, and commerce.
UCT is located on the side of Table Mountain, allowing them spectacular views of the city and harbor from every vantage point.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 13 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.