AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Florence University of the Arts (FUA) is a young, vibrant institution offering liberal arts coursework that takes a contemporary approach to international education. With small classes taught by highly qualified international faculty, FUA courses aim to enhance the social, intercultural and professional experience of each student. In addition to coursework in Arts and Sciences, Communication, and Business, FUA offers unique opportunities for students to enroll in cutting-edge fashion, design, architecture, and fine arts courses, as well as culinary and wine studies courses.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
SAI requires a 2.75 GPA to be considered for this program.
Late-August – Mid-December
Late January – Mid May
3 week, 6 week, 12 week sessions
AREAS OF STUDY
- Art History
- Business & Economics
- Studio Arts
- Health Sciences
- Modern Languages & Cultures
- Natural Sciences
- Social Science
- Theater & Performing Arts
To view courses offered by FUA, click here
. On the right, select the semester in which you would like to study. Click it and scroll down to view courses offered.
Standard Housing: Student apartment
SAI student apartments are convenient, clean, and well equipped, with shared occupancy bedrooms (upgrade to private bedroom available). Typical residences house 2 – 8 students and contain a combination of private and shared bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom and living areas.
Optional Housing: Family homestay (additional fee applies)
SAI homestay families are thoroughly screened and are accustomed to welcoming visiting students into their homes. Homestays provide a shared (with another study abroad student) or private bedroom in the family home with basic furnishings. Daily breakfast and weekday dinner are included (no dinner on weekends). Please note that some homestays may be outside of the city center and require a commute to reach school.
and scroll down for more information on housing.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
Visas may require a fee (SAI will provide visa information if you are accepted)
Students in Florence have the opportunity to live in the heart of the Renaissance while experiencing the modern, thriving city of today. FUA welcomes students into the community by hosting regular events, including afternoon lectures, film series, book launches, and conferences, all available to students and the community. Students are able to eat at FUA’s student-run restaurant and bakery, can get involved in student clubs, and can utilize the school’s gym, and other facilities.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 31
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
Florence University of the Arts • FUA
Florence University of the Arts (FUA) presents a contemporary and thorough approach to a Liberal Arts education, along with an extensive curriculum in Studio Arts.
With small classes taught by a highly qualified international faculty, every course aims to enhance the social, intercultural and professional experience of each student. Students have the opportunity to choose classes from any of the 8 schools/departments contained within Florence University of the Arts.
- 3 weeks (3 – 6 credits)
- 4 weeks (6 – 9 credits)
- 6 weeks (6 – 9 credits)
- 12 weeks (9 – 12 credits) + Optional Internship
Areas of Study:
- Business and Economics
- Communication and Publishing
- Fashion, Accessories and Tech
- Liberal Arts
- ...and more
SAI oversees and coordinates all aspects of student enrollment, including application processing, course selection and credit, visa preparation, housing, student health insurance, transcripts, pre-departure, on-site orientation & advising, and cell phone service.