AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Since 1972, John Cabot University (JCU) has offered students from around the world the opportunity to pursue an exceptional academic and cultural education in the heart of one of the most inspiring cities in the world. JCU is accredited in the U.S. by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, and offers a liberal arts curriculum taught entirely in English. The school draws professors from around the world who are committed to a multicultural environment, and to imparting a global understanding.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Belmont requires a 2.5 GPA to be considered for this program.
Late-August – Early-December
Early January – Early May
5 week & 11 week sessions
AREAS OF STUDY
- Art History
- Business & Economics
- Engineering & Computer Science
- Studio Arts
- Modern Languages & Cultures
- Natural Science
- Social Science
- Theater & Performing Arts
To view courses offered by John Cabot, click here
. On the right side of the webpage, select the semester in which you would like to study. Click it and scroll down to view courses offered.
to view approved courses and Belmont equivalents.
SAI will house you in student apartments. SAI student apartments are convenient, clean, and well equipped, with shared occupancy bedrooms (upgrade to private bedroom available). Typical residences house 2 – 8 students and contain a combination of private and shared bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom and living areas. Click here
and scroll down to housing for more infrormation.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
Visas may require a fee (SAI will provide visa information if you are accepted)
JCU’s Student Services Department is committed to offering an array of activities for degree-seeking and visiting students. Student clubs and organizations seek to enable students to appreciate, benefit from and contribute to the richness and diversity of Roman culture. Organizations focus on language, sports, culture, arts, leadership, and writing.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
John Cabot University • JCU
John Cabot University (JCU) is an American university located in the historic Trastevere section of Rome; from this vantage, the splendors of the city are withing walking distance.
JCU welcomes students coming from all over the world and offers courses in a variety of subjects, including Business and Economics, Political Science, Classical Studies, and many others.
- Summer: 5 weeks (3 – 6 credits)
- Summer: 11 weeks (6 – 12 credits)
- Semester: 16 weeks (12 – 17 credits)
Areas of Study:
- Business Administration
- Liberal Arts
- English Literature
- ... and more
SAI oversees and coordinates all aspects of student enrollment, including application processing, course selection and credit, visa preparation, housing, student health insurance, transcripts, pre-departure, on-site orientation & advising, and cell phone service.