AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Sant’Anna Institute (SA) is housed in an historic former convent and school, located in the old center of Sorrento, just steps from the sea of the Amalfi coast. Each classroom offers stunning views of the Gulf of Naples to one side, and olive groves to the other. The school’s grounds include lovely gardens and fruit trees and it is a short walk to the center of town
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Belmont requires a 2.5 GPA to be considered for this program.
Late-September – Mid-December
Late January – Mid May
: 5 & 10 week sessions
AREAS OF STUDY
- Art History
- Business & Economics
- Studio Arts
- Modern Languages & Cultures
- Natural Science
- Social Science
To view courses offered, click here
. On the right, select the semester in which you would like to study. Click it and scroll down to view courses offered.
Standard Housing: Student dorm / apartment
Standard housing includes student dorm or apartment living, assigned as available. The student dorms and apartments are convenient, clean, and well equipped, with shared occupancy bedrooms (upgrade to private bedroom available).
Optional Housing: Family homestay (additional fee applies)
Students choosing the homestay option will be placed with a local family, which could be an older married couple or a family with children. Homestay families are typically within a short walking distance to the school. The homestay option includes breakfast and dinner 7 days a week in a shared occupancy room (upgrade to a private bedroom available).
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
Visas may require a fee (SAI will provide visa information if you are accepted)
At SA, visiting semester and summer students can enroll in courses focused on language, art, archaeology, literature, social studies, business, natural sciences and liberal arts, while incorporating language development and cultural immersion inside and outside the classroom. The small and intimate nature of the SA program allows students to fully immerse themselves in Italian life and culture while building lasting relationships with their fellow students. Students wishing to broaden their studies can take part in the many internships offered, while those wanting to give back to their community can get involved in the volunteer program.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 31
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
Sant' Anna Institute • (SA)
Sant' Anna Institute (SA) is located in the historic center of Sorrento, Italy just steps from the sea of the Amalfi coast.
The natural beauty of the Sorrentine landscape with its mild climate, and the allure of nearby sights such as Pompeii, Capri and the Amalfi Coast all conspire to make Sorrento a fantastic location for study abroad students. Sant'Anna Institute provides students with opportunities to study the language, culture and history of Mediterranean Italy. The Institute offers students a unique blend of business, liberal arts and science courses; language development and cultural immersion.
- Summer: 5 weeks (3-6 credits)
- Summer: 10 weeks (6-12 credits)
- Optional Internship/Volunteering
- Semester Elective: 12-18 credits
Areas of Study:
- Architectural Studies
- Arts and Humanities
- Business & Administration Studies
- Italian Studies
SAI oversees and coordinates all aspects of student enrollment, including application processing, course selection and credit, visa preparation, housing, student health insurance, transcripts, pre-departure, on-site orientation & advising, and cell phone service.