AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Located in Salzburg, Austria, Salzburg College is a private institution offering a quality international education. Students will engage in classroom work, field study, and academic travel that complement one another well. The campus if located in the KunstQuartier or Art Quarter of Salzburg's old town.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Belmont requires a 2.5 GPA to be considered for this program.
Early-September – Mid-December
Late January – Late April
AREAS OF STUDY
The Music Program offers students a variety of opportunities to explore music performance, composition and arranging as well as music history in depth.
The program draws from all that Salzburg as the city of music has to offer:
Outstanding music performance instructors, passionate music historians, internationally acclaimed research collections and a wealth of concerts and events through-out the year. Salzburg College encourages students to participate in local choirs, orchestras and ensembles to enrich the overall experience.
The semester ends with a final concert that all participants of the Music Program perform in.
You will be required to take two core courses with Salzburg College (Understanding Austria and German Language). You may then choose 2-3 courses from the below selections.
- History of Music - Classical and Romantic Period
- Vocal and Instrumental Arranging
- Music Composition
- The Mozart Project
- Music Performance
Housing Options for Students Living in Austria can be one of the most rewarding aspects of your study experience. It allows you to observe, understand and appreciate cultures and values that are different from your own. Salzburg offers dorms, host families, as well as other housing options. Click here
for more information.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
Some meals are included, but you should plan to pay for some meals.
Visas may require a fee.
Salzburg has a quaint, charming, small-town feel with all the amenities of a modern, industrial city. On warm days, students enjoy lounging by the Salzach River, strolling through the streets of the Old City, and enjoying one of the many public parks.
In the summer, students can swim at one of the many beautiful lakes. Sports and other activities are available through the University of Salzburg. During the winter, Salzburg is within a short commute to several world class ski-areas where students can experience some of the finest downhill and cross country skiing.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 31
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009