AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
You’d be hard pressed to find a location so different from home in terms of culture, heritage, and sheer scale. That’s what makes Hyderabad a fascinating place to study. Explore every aspect of Indian life in a diverse, cosmopolitan city. Choose from classes specially designed for international students, as well as a vast selection of direct-enroll options at an award-winning university. Complete your adventure with plenty of eye-opening travel and exploration.
Hyderabad is a city of juxtaposition – old and new, north and south, Hindu and Muslim. Once ruled by bejeweled Nizams, it’s now a global hub for biotech, animation, information tech, amazing food, and domestic travel. The sprawling city is an urban stew of construction, music, clothing shops, inconceivable traffic, food bazaars, department stores, global businesses like Microsoft and Google, and magnificent ancient architecture.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
An overall GPA of 3.00 is required to be considered for this program.
Mid-July – Early December
Late December – Early May
Mid July – Early May
AREAS OF STUDY
- Computer Science
- Political Science
to find the list of available courses.
Homestay (meals are included)
Tagore International House (meals are included)
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Fall: Visit Varanasi, the holiest of the seven sacred cities in Hinduism and Jainism, with a key role in the development of Buddhism.
- Spring: Visit Visakhapatnam – Jewel of the East Coast – in Andhra Pradesh. Visit Bora Caves and Araku Valley or Hampi, Anegundi, or Badami.
Relish unique sights and sounds all over Hyderabad.
- Explore Buddhist, Jain, and Hindu temples.
- Visit the folk goddess temple, Peddamma, and see the biggest Ganesha idol in Hyderabad.
- Practice Yoga on campus daily – it doesn’t get any more authentic!
- Celebrate annual festivals with colorful decorations and kites.
- Visit special places like Mysore, Byllakuppe, Melkote, Badami, and Karnataka.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
CIEE Art and Sciences Program in Hyderabad, India
With jaw-dropping architecture that ranges from Gaudi’s unfinished Sangra Família to the avant garde Torre Agbar to the Golden Fish sculpture designed for the 1992 Olympics, Barcelona is dream city for people who love design. Regardless of your Spanish skills, you can see these spectacular structures up close, and learn about the culture and history behind them – and even intern with a leading architectural firm. There’s more – you’ll also travel beyond Barcelona to see more significant examples of design (and culture!) throughout the region.
Study abroad in Hyderabad and you will:
- Get a leg up on your professional career with experience at a prominent architectural or design firm.
- Learn from experienced instructors who are highly respected in their field.
- Take day trips to explore beautiful Catalonia, plus a weekend excursion to Bilbao, Madrid, or Seville – see how it’s different from – and the same as – Madrid.
Academics are provided in collaboration with the Study in India Program (SIP) at the University of Hyderabad. As a hub for international undergrads, SIP offers specially designed courses for these students to investigate Indian society, history, and culture.
CIEE students can also choose direct-enrollment courses at 11 of 12 schools at the University of Hyderabad, based on his/her requirements and interests. CIEE students primarily take classes in arts, social sciences, and humanities, though students are encouraged to study science if they meet prerequisites.
University of Hyderabad. Founded in 1974, the university was ranked number one in India in 2010 by the Times of India, and won the Visitor’s Awards for Central Universities for Best University, Innovation, and Research for 2015. Primarily a post-graduate university with 5,000 students and 12 schools, it has a sprawling 2,300-acre campus, 45 minutes from downtown. Courses are taught by the faculty at the University of Hyderabad.
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.