AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Where better to brush up on business and international relations than in a global center of business and culture? CIEE’s Business + International Relations program in Moscow invites you to broaden your perspective on world events; gain insight into the diversity and uniqueness of Russia; boost your Russian language skills; and make vital connections at a prestigious foreign affairs university.
From its iconic onion domes to the treasures of the Kremlin, Moscow’s rich history lives on. Russia’s capital is home to a diverse ethnic mix of approximately 13 million people and is the country’s political, economic, cultural, and scientific hub. Moscow’s origins date to the 12th century. It has served as the backdrop for the development of the Russian state and was also the capital of the former Soviet Union. It is home to beautiful and complex sites like the Red Square, St. Basil’s Cathedral, Lenin’s Mausoleum, the KGB Museum, Gorky Park, and the Bolshoi Theatre - all ready and waiting to be explored. Today, Moscow is a sophisticated 21st-century metropolis, pulsing with around-the-clock energy. For students of business and international relations, Moscow offers an unparalleled vantage point from which to experience, firsthand, the politics and economics of contemporary Russia.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
An overall GPA of 3.00 is required to be considered for this program.
Early September – Mid-December
Early February – Late May
Early September – Late May
AREAS OF STUDY
- Political Science
to find the list of available courses.
Residence hall (meals not included)
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Participate in CIEE-organized events - such as cinema and game nights, cooking classes, and day trips – with Russian buddies.
- Tour the world-famous Kremlin, ancient churches, the State Tretiakov Museum of Russian Art, and the Cold War Museum Bunker -42.
- Visit a ballet.
- Travel to St. Petersburg for three days, and explore the city on a guided tour.
- In the fall semester travel to Kazan, the capital of Tatarstan; in the spring semester, travel to the ancient Golden Ring cities of Vladimir and Suzdal on a three-day guided tour.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 31
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
CIEE Business and International Relations in Moscow, Russia
Study business and international relations in a global center of business and culture: Moscow. In this monumental European city, not only will you learn about the capital's history, but you will also witness first-hand its preparations for the future. Program trips to the imperial capital of Russia, St. Petersburg, and to the rapidly growing capital of the Republic of Tatarstan, Kazan, will give you the insight into the diversity and uniqueness of Russia. You will expand your knowledge, boost your Russian language skills, and make vital friendships and connections while studying at Russia's most prestigious foreign affairs university.
Study abroad in Moscow and you'll:
- Test your business and leadership skills with an optional internship
- Take advantage of a wide variety of extracurricular activities with your Russian peers, including debate club, model UN, chorus, international club, economics club, and more
- Discover another side of Russia on program tours to St. Petersburg and Kazan
- Enjoy a full complement of cultural activities, from ballet to opera, and get the most out of living and studying in Moscow
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.