AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Experience all that the world has to offer with CIEE's Open Campus program. This program allows a student to customize a study abroad program that meets their academic, schedule, and financial goals. Take one, two, or three six-week blocks for the perfect amount of intensive study and cultural engagement. You can select your academic track from five options, then pick your courses from a wide range of subject areas. No matter what you choose, you’ll get a chance to fully experience one, two, or three cities that are full of culture and excitement. To learn about all options to study abroad through Open Campus, click here
Visit the German Institute of for International and Security Affairs to discuss cyber security. Or walk along the East Side Gallery - the longest existing stretch of the Berlin Wall. Students can live in the Residence Hall or experience a homestay with a German family. Students can complete internships or volunteer at local organizations or youth centers. For more information on Berlin
Being one of the twenty largest cities in the world has its benefits. Buenos Aires offers a vibrant theater district, shops, and dynamic neighborhoods. Stately architecture and a steady influx of European immigrants have earned it the nickname Paris of South America. With a population of 13 million, Buenos Aires offers a rich array of educational and cultural opportunities. For more information on Buenos Aires
Shakespeare’s Globe Theater rests humbly in the theater district among trendy restaurants. Modern sensibility spills beyond the walls of the Tate Modern and onto the futuristic Millennium Bridge, a stark contrast to traditional Westminster and Buckingham Palace. Architecture aside, the city is at the cutting-edge of the arts scene, with access to music, fashion, museums, comedy, and theater. To top it off, you’ll hear more than 250 languages in the UK capital, making London the most linguistically diverse city in the world. For more information on London
Madrid’s influence in politics, education, science, entertainment, media, fashion, and arts make it an important international metropolis, and the major hub in southern Europe. Spain’s capital city is also its largest, with a historic center dating back to the Hapsburg Empire, and world-renowned art museums. A huge variety of tapas bars, dance shows, concerts, parks, soccer matches, bustling neighborhoods, and contemporary theater and cinema make it a lively place to live and learn. For more information on Madrid
In every corner of the breathtaking city of Paris, you’ll find luxury shops, museums, boutiques, and bistros. Explore this favorite tourist destination and experience the city’s iconic sites, from the Champs-Élysées to the Cathedral of Notre Dame; discover its power and prominence in finance and commerce; immerse yourself and enrich your education and cultural fluency. For more information on Paris
Experience all that Rome has to offer with the Open Campus program, and customize a study abroad program that meets your academic, schedule, and financial goals. Take one, two, or three six-week blocks for your perfect amount of intensive study and cultural engagement, select your academic track from six options, then choose your courses from a wide range of subject areas. No matter what you choose, you’ll surround yourself with the language, culture, and people of the Eternal City. For more information on Rome
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
An overall GPA of 2.50 is required to be considered for this program.
Mid- August – Mid-December
Early January – Mid-May
AREAS OF STUDY
- Health Science
- Political Science
to find all options to study abroad through CIEE's Open Campus.
Residence hall (meals not included) and some home stay options.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
Visit CIEE's Open Campus Program to learn about various options at each Open Campus Location. Click here
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
CIEE Global Institute – London: Open Campus Program
We're pleased to offer semester pricing for Open Campus programs starting at $6,500. CIEE is committed to preparing global citizens for today's workforce and tackling the barriers that prevent students from studying abroad. Providing affordable programs is key to these efforts, and supports our pledge to Generation Study Abroad™.
Design your ideal study abroad experience. Our Open Campus program at the new CIEE Global Institute – London offers unmatched flexibility to engage and experience this international metropolis in your own way. Match the academic experience with your interests, aspirations, and degree requirements: Take one, two, or three six-week blocks for your perfect amount of intensive study and cultural engagement, select your academic track from five diverse options, then choose your electives from our wide range of courses and subject areas. You can even choose a combination of CIEE courses and up to one course at one of our partner universities, where you'll learn alongside British students.
Download the brochure
- Literature and Culture - London has as many literary heroes as it does cobblestones – and then there's cutting-edge music, theater, fashion, a rich Royal heritage, politics, and more. Explore it as you study London's influence on Europe and the world.
- Business - With global stature as an economic powerhouse and principal member of the European Union, London is an ideal place to explore economics, finance, management, strategy, and more.
- Communications, Journalism, and New Media - Londoners always have understood the power of the word. Tap the expertise of London's communications leaders, and get an inside look at key media outlets with on-site visits.
- Health Sciences - Learn about discoveries in the United Kingdom that are improving health care for people everywhere. Compare local and global health care systems, and learn about contemporary challenges in global health.
- International Relations and Political Science - Dig into the complex issues that face European countries, and consider the effects they have around the world.
Choose one, two or three academic blocks during either the fall or spring semester.
One Academic Block
- One track related course and additional CIEE Electives (could be from the same or different tracks)
Two Academic Blocks
- Two courses per block
- At least two courses in the chosen academic track
- Two additional CIEE electives
- CIEE Academic Project is optional during the second academic block
Three Academic Blocks
- Two courses per block
- At least two courses in the chosen academic track
- Four additional CIEE electives
- CIEE Academic Project is optional during second or third academic blocks
CIEE GLOBAL SCHOLARS ONLINE
Global Scholars are students who combine sessions in the Open Campus programs in Berlin, London, Paris, and Rome. Global Scholars Online is a virtual course that will accompany you on your journey to multiple CIEE Global Institutes. It's a required part of your CIEE experience and will help you squeeze the most learning and benefit out of your time abroad. It will support you in connecting with peers, making sense of cultural differences, and transitioning between multiple host cultures.
STUDYING IN LONDON
No matter how you build your program, you'll immerse yourself in British culture – from modern sensibility spilling from the Tate Modern to beautiful tradition embodied in Westminster and Buckingham Palace. Learn in modern classrooms; get involved with fun activities, interest groups, and sports; and experience the exciting diversity that exists in different areas of the United Kingdom during excursions and multi-day study tours.
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.