AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Microsoft, IBM, and Costco are just a few of the familiar names with presence in Seville, making it an ideal base for those students looking to learn about international business – in English or Spanish – while absorbing Spain´s unique culture. At the same time, students wishing to fulfill degree requirements in the sciences, psychology, communications, Spanish, etc. can also find their niche in the program. With well-preserved history and tantalizing fare everywhere, you’ll find plenty of inspiration to explore around one more corner and practice your newly minted Spanish language skills.
Seville has its origins in the trade routes controlled by the Phoenicians in the 8th century BC. Romans, Goths, Muslims, and Christians established their capital here before it became the most important city in Southern Europe and gateway to the Americas in the 16th century. The commercial hub of its region, the city preserves many traces of its past and traditions. With 700,000 residents, Seville offers a large variety of cultural activities that range from the Flamenco Biennial and the European Film Festival to alternative theater venues, bars with live music, beautiful streets and open spaces and, of course, one of the most respected bullrings in the world.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
An overall GPA of 2.90 is required to be considered for this program.
Late August – Mid-December
Early January – Late May
Late August – Late May
AREAS OF STUDY
- Environmental Studies
- Political Science
to find the list of available courses.
to view approved courses and Belmont equivalents
Homestay (three meals per day are included)
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
Take a four-day trip to Morocco – geographically close, culturally a world away. Choose from a host of activities that include sports, cinema, and flamenco dancing as well as day excursions. Get an insider’s look at Seville’s many cultural treasures. Jump into campus activities at University Pablo de Olavide – choir, cinema, sports, fitness, volunteering – there’s lots to choose from.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009
CIEE International Business and Culture Program in Seville, Spain
Like the IBM "Smarter Cities" ads that double as functional surfaces like bike ramps, city shelters, and benches? You may see one up close in Seville as IBM is just one of many familiar companies with a presence here (think Microsoft and Costco, too). As you soak in knowledge about the Spanish business scene and culture through intensive courses and excursions to local businesses, it won't be hard understand why companies locate to this important inland port.
Study abroad in Seville and you'll:
- Explore local culture through activities and excursions to sites of cultural importance in and around Seville and Spain, and take a trip to nearby Morocco
- Visit a number of Spanish companies and organizations
- Develop intercultural competency skills via the CIEE Intercultural Communication in Context course
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.