AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
This innovative six-week summer research program is perfect if you want to gain practical, focused research experience in a unique environment over the summer. Projects in math, engineering, biology, physics and chemistry are available. The University of Queensland has excellent STEM facilities and laboratories, including its own research buildings on Heron Island and North Stradbroke Island, which open up unique opportunities for critical research regarding the Great Barrier Reef and more.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Arcadia requires a 3.0 to be considered for this program.
Early June- Late July
AREAS OF STUDY
to browse courses.
As with all Arcadia programs, you are guaranteed housing. You will live at Urbanest in the riverside suburb of Brisbane, near beautiful parklands, beaches, art galleries, museums, West End’s vibrant nightlife and the busy Queen Street Mall.
The complex has intelligently designed student apartments and studios, a large outdoor courtyard and BBQ area, social lounges, wireless internet, 24/7 staff support, big screen games room, laundry facilities and a gym. For more information, click here
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Students will first pay Belmont tuition. The provider will then charge Belmont for the cost of the program. Belmont will pay for the program using the student's tuition. If the provider program costs more than Belmont tuition, the student will be charged the amount that is above and beyond Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel. It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Meals are not included
- Optional Arcadia excursions
- Personal expenses
Arcadia will plan some excursions that you may choose to participate in.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad JAAC 1009
STEM Summer Research - Brisbane
This innovative six-week summer research program is perfect if you want to gain a practical, focused research experience in a unique environment over the summer. Projects in math, engineering, biology, physics and chemistry are available. The University of Queensland is one of the top universities in Australia, and as such, it has excellent science facilities and laboratories, including its own research buildings on Heron Island and North Stradbroke Island. This opens up unique opportunities for critical research regarding the Great Barrier Reef and more.
- Faculty mentors will work closely to direct your work and continued growth and development in your chosen research topic.
- Participate in weekly research group meetings and attend engagement departmental seminars in the discipline of your project.
- You'll enjoy the convenient accommodations of self-catered apartments as well as many of the activities that are organized by campus clubs and societies that will allow you to take advantage of your idyllic surroundings.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.