AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT |
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
As the leading UK university on the Island of Ireland, over 100 students from North America come to Queen’s University Belfast each year to study abroad for a semester or an academic year, taking time out of their home university. Choosing Queen’s allows students to study at a world-class university, make new friends and live alongside local young people from Ireland and the UK for a truly immersive experience in another culture. Study abroad students at Queen’s are taught by world-leading researchers and experts in their field through lectures, tutorials or practical laboratories, in state-of-the-art facilities.
Queen’s University is located in Belfast, which is the capitol of Northern Ireland. As a modern city, Belfast is compact, welcoming, and affordable .Northern Ireland is the happiest place in the UK (Office of Statistics 2015) alongside the most affordable place for students (NatWest Student Living Index 2015). Belfast is best explored on foot or by bike and most places are within walking distance from campus.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
An overall GPA of 3.00 is required to be considered for this program.
FALL SEMESTER: Mid September – Mid December
Early January – Early June
AREAS OF STUDY
Conflict, Religion and Identity, Creativity, Performance, and Art, Crime and Justice, English Studies, International Relations, Irish Studies
for more information on courses.
All study abroad students are guaranteed accommodation at Queen's which
is located within easy walking distance of the University in a pleasant residential area. All accommodation is self-catering with en-suite options and internet access.
Students will apply for housing directly to Queen's University Belfast, but they will be billed through Belmont.
2. Belmont Tuition:
Tuition is charged at the regular semester rate. Students pay tuition to Belmont. In many cases, Belmont tuition covers housing as well as tuition at Queen's University Belfast.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
Awash with enthusiasm, culture and that famous Irish friendliness, students can also explore:
- Game of Thrones film location and activity tours
- Beautiful scenery and outdoor adventures such as the Giant's Causeway or hiking in the Mourne Mountains
- The Titanic Belfast voted best tourist attraction in Europe (World Travel Awards 2016)
- Great entertainment and nights out; a buzzing arts and social scene from festivals, theatre and international events to historic pubs, stylish bars and brilliant shopping
- Northern Ireland: happiest place in the UK (Office of Statistics 2015) alongside the most affordable place for students (NatWest Student Living Index 2015)
- The rest of the UK, Ireland and Europe with accessible airport and transport links to most major cities
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Belmont Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
Spring Semester Programs: October 1
Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
How to Apply
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
The Belmont’s Study Abroad Office Application, which includes:Passport photocopy
Signature documents Only application materials for Step 1 must be turned in by the corresponding term’s deadlines as listed above.
The Host University Application,
This Step will be completed after your advisor reviews and accepts your Belmont application. If Belmont’s Study Abroad Office accepts your application, your study abroad advisor will provide you with additional information, and supplemental application instructions will be sent to you.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009