AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
University of Sydney is Australia's oldest and one of its most prestigious university. It is ranked 38th in the world in the 2013 QS World Rankings and is consistently among the top three universities in Australia. As a member of the Group of Eight, a coalition of leading Australian tertiary institutions, USyd offers you a range of strong academic courses usually with an Australian perspective. USyd has particular strengths in health and life sciences (including pre-med), humanities and engineering.
Located on the fringe of Sydney's Central Business District, the ivy-covered sandstone buildings of this vibrant and historic institution reflect its colonial heritage, while the modern architecture showcases a high-tech and multicultural direction.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Arcadia suggests a 3.0 GPA for this program, but requires a 2.8 to be considered.
Mid July - Late November
Early February- Early July
Mid July- Late June
AREAS OF STUDY
- Education, Social Work
- Arts and Social Science
- See website for more
to browse course offerings.
to view approved courses and Belmont equivalents.
There are a variety of options for you at the University of Sydney. Click here
to view the many different housing options to choose from.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Students will first pay Belmont tuition. The provider will then charge Belmont for the cost of the program. Belmont will pay for the program using the student's tuition. If the provider program costs more than Belmont tuition, the student will be charged the amount that is above and beyond Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Visas may require a fee. To read more about visas click here.
- Optional Excursions with Arcadia
- Personal Expenses
With more than 200 clubs and societies, and a fully equipped sport and fitness center, you can get involved in all kinds of activities from boxing to belly dancing. USyd partners with a number of different large cultural events during the year including TEDxSydney, Sydney Writers' Festival, Sydney Film Festival and National Reconciliation Week.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad JAAC 1009