AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Would you like an 83-acre campus nestled between beautiful bushland at the foot of Mt. Kiera and the stunning coastline while only an hour south of Sydney? University of Wollongong is perfect if you want access to Sydney’s events, culture and nightlife, but want to live in a quieter, more intimate and affordable community that’s popular with study abroad students who love the outdoors.
This diverse and multicultural university offers comprehensive course offerings, from robotics to creative writing and indigenous studies, and a highly personalized student environment. The university is well known for engineering and materials sciences. Of course, you're not limited to these subjects. Many students at Wollongong choose courses in psychology, business or media studies.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Arcadia suggests a 3.0 GPA for this program, but requires a 2.7 to be considered.
Mid July - Mid November
Mid February- Late June
Mid July- Late June
AREAS OF STUDY
- Law, Humanities and the Arts
- Science, Medicine and Health
- Social Science
- Engineering and Information Sciences
to browse course offerings.
to view approved courses and Belmont equivalents.
In Wollongong all students are housed in University owned housing. The housing options include a mixture of residential colleges and student apartments. The residences are located around the city and free shuttle services provide transportation to and from campus. Click here
for more information.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Students will first pay Belmont tuition. The provider will then charge Belmont for the cost of the program. Belmont will pay for the program using the student's tuition. If the provider program costs more than Belmont tuition, the student will be charged the amount that is above and beyond Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Visas may require a fee. To read more about visas click here.
- Optional Excursions with Arcadia
- Personal Expenses
The city is surrounded by a national park and has 17 patrolled beaches – the perfect environment for an amazing range of recreational activities, from swimming and surfing, to parasailing, windsurfing, fishing, sailing, scuba diving, biking, hiking and mountain climbing - hike up Mt Keira for sunrise; head to the beach for sunset. A free bus service to/from/around the university makes getting from campus to the city, home or the beach all that much easier.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009