AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
Earn academic credit, improve your professional skills and embrace new cultures in one of the world’s most exciting cities. This innovative internship offers you a placement in one of Sydney's leading public institutions or commercial enterprises, as well as a research project and a course on Australian society, history and workplace culture.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Arcadia requires a 2.8 GPA to be considered.
Late May- Mid July
AREAS OF STUDY
- Internship areas include: Advertising; architecture & landscape architecture; arts; business operations (including HR); entrepreneurial start-ups; environment & sustainability; film & TV; financial services; health; hospitality; journalism; law; marketing; non-governmental organizations; politics; psychology; public relations; sport; and theatre.
- You will take two courses with Arcadia University; your internship course and a choice of Global Economics: Australia in the Asian Century, Environmental Policy & Ethics, or Nations: Aboriginal & Australian
to browse course offerings.
As a participant on the Sydney Internship Program Summer, you will live in a student apartment. All housing is self-catered; you will have access to kitchen facilities to prepare your own meals.Click here
for more information.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Students will first pay Belmont tuition. The provider will then charge Belmont for the cost of the program. Belmont will pay for the program using the student's tuition. If the provider program costs more than Belmont tuition, the student will be charged the amount that is above and beyond Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Visas may require a fee. To read more about visas click here.
- Optional Excursions with Arcadia
- Personal Expenses
With Arcadia, you learn beyond the classroom; while listening to the music of street performers, you try to identify the unfamiliar aroma of local cooking wafting from the street vendors, and wonder about the ancient customs you see being played out before you in a community that’s embraced you as a friend.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad JAAC 1009