AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
The Australia Studies Centre is located in the diverse city of Brisbane at Christian Heritage College. With its near-perfect climate and population of 1.8 million, Brisbane is a flourishing river city with modern districts, hip cafes and a thriving arts scene. Adventure ready; prepare to explore sites like the Moreton Bay Island, the Scenic Rim and North Stradbroke Island.
Together, ASC and CHC offer a range of challenging and engaging programs. Course curriculum is centered on a foundation of faith while exploring the connections of local as well as national tradition and culture.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
CCCU requires a 2.75 GPA to be considered for this program.
Early September – Mid December
Early January – Mid April
Early September - Mid April
AREAS OF STUDY
for course information from CCCU.
Students live with host families in Brisbane and its surroundings, enabling them to experience Australian life firsthand. Generally, one student stays in each homestay. Families are urged to integrate students into normal family life as much as possible. When appropriate, students should expect to help out around the house and plan to be home for most meals.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Student will first pay Belmont tuition and then be charged a Program Fee for the difference in total provider program cost and what has already been paid for Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
Meals are not included.
Visas require a fee.
Click here for more information about additional expenses.
At ASC, you’ll come face-to-face with some of God’s most impressive creations. But perhaps the most inspiring of your encounters will also be the most subtle. Because new discoveries at ASC come in all shapes and sizes. Unexpected friendships, newfound passions and unbelievable sights will all make your experience in Australia a world away from ordinary.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 31
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009