AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
How would you like to study abroad in a former 16th Century convent in the heart of the historical district of one of Spain’s most beautiful cities? Arcadia’s academic partner in Toledo, The Fundación Ortega-Marañón - Toledo, is within walking distance of the most famous landmarks in Toledo. It offers a wide range of courses from Spanish language, history and art to politics and economics. You can enroll in a semester or summer program.
The Fundación is a degree granting institution focused on strengthening knowledge of Spanish language and culture. It has particular strengths in community engagement and internship opportunities via courses with placements.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Arcadia suggests a 3.0 GPA for this program, but requires a 2.5 to be considered.
Early September - Mid December
Mid January- Late April
Early September - Late April
AREAS OF STUDY
- Art History
- Political Science
- Spanish Language
to browse course offerings.
In Toledo you have two options for your housing. Your first option is to live in a residence hall amongst other American and International Students. Your second option is to do a homestay (for an additional fee), which is a wonderful way to immerse yourself in local daily life by living in the home of a local family
The Fundación Ortega-Marañón - Toledo will place one student per homestay. We will do everything we can to see that the home meets your personal preferences, needs and expectations as outlined by you in the housing and Personal Health forms you complete on Passport. Homestay families are all experienced in hosting American and international university students in Toledo. Like most Spaniards, these families are dedicated, generous and passionate about sharing their home and culture with our students.
You will live with other American and international students within The Fundãción building.
Single, twin and triple rooms include en suite bathrooms. The bathroom has a separate toilet and sink in addition to a separate shower area.
The Fundãción building contains the residence hall, library, classrooms, cafeteria, computer labs, wifi, TV lounge, laundry facility and various administrative offices. (A recreation center is a short walk away.)
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Students will first pay Belmont tuition. The provider will then charge Belmont for the cost of the program. Belmont will pay for the program using the student's tuition. If the provider program costs more than Belmont tuition, the student will be charged the amount that is above and beyond Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Visas may require a fee. To read more about visas click here.
- Optional Excursions with Arcadia
- Personal Expenses
You will live and study in a unique setting that is more intimate and manageable than a larger city, yet you can still visit the busy capital of Madrid in an hour.
Excursion options include visits to Madrid, Andalucia, Avila, Salamanca, Zamora and Museo del Prado. Other activities include Flamenco dancing and sporting events.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad JAAC 1009
Fundación Ortega-Marañón - Toledo
Immerse yourself in the cultural fabric of Spain through this program though Arcadia's close partner, the Fundación Ortega-Marañón - Toledo. All courses are taught in Spanish, so minimum admissions qualifications include at least 4 semesters of post-secondary Spanish.
Internship and service learning courses are available.
Past internship placements have included: The Regional Parliament in Castilla-La Mancha; The Santa Cruz Museum; Toledo City Hall; La Cruz Roja (Spanish Red Cross), The Chamber of Commerce of Toledo, The Council of Education, Radio Nacional de España.Toledo is a beautiful and well preserved medieval city located just 25 minutes away from Madrid by train.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.