AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
As one of the top universities in Wales, Bangor University has an excellent track record in many disciplines - Electronic Engineering, Psychology and Creative Writing being just a few. You will be assured of excellent teaching across departments with highly engaged staff and faculty. As an Arcadia study abroad student, you will also have the support of Arcadia staff in the London Center to help you settle in and enjoy your semester.
Bangor University is located between the snow-capped mountains of Snowdonia and the rugged, beautiful coastline of North Wales, recently named one of the world’s top ten regions to visit in 2017 by Lonely Planet.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
Arcadia requires a 2.5 GPA for this program.
Early September - Mid December
Early January- Early June
Early September- Early November
AREAS OF STUDY
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- European Studies
- Mathematics & Statistics
to browse course offerings.
As a student on the Arcadia program at Bangor University, you will be placed in self-catered halls at the Ffriddoedd site
Fully equipped kitchens, with a refrigerator, oven, stove and cabinets for food storage, are available on each floor. You are expected to provide your own cooking utensils, dishes and cutlery. These items can be purchased inexpensively in Bangor.
You will be offered a single en-suite bedroom with a private bathroom, work/study space, bed, wardrobe, and chair.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
Students will first pay Belmont tuition. The provider will then charge Belmont for the cost of the program. Belmont will pay for the program using the student's tuition. If the provider program costs more than Belmont tuition, the student will be charged the amount that is above and beyond Belmont tuition. If the provider program costs less than Belmont tuition, the student will only be billed Belmont tuition.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel.It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
- Visas may require a fee. To read more about visas click here.
- Optional Excursions with Arcadia
- Personal Expenses
If you enjoy your independence and are attracted to the lifestyle of a smaller city that has a scenic mix of friendly, rural and urban living, then Bangor could be just what you’re looking for.
The campus boasts the newly opened Pontio Arts Centre featuring an on-campus theatre with professional touring performances, and a cinema with the newest blockbuster releases.
Listed as the most affordable city in the UK, Bangor's low cost of living is an interesting alternative to major UK cities – yet big city life in London, Manchester and Dublin are just a short journey away.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad JAAC 1009
Located in the stunning landscapes of the north Wales countryside, this medium-sized, friendly campus has boundless opportunities for those students looking for something a little off-the-beaten-path.
Bangor is particularly strong in marine and biological sciences, sport science, psychology and Celtic/Welsh studies.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.