AT A GLANCE/LOCATION | PROGRAM TERM | AREAS OF STUDY | COURSE INFORMATION | HOUSING INFORMATION | COSTS | STUDENT LIFE | APPLICATION PROCESS | STAFF CONTACT
AT A GLANCE/LOCATION
The Instituto Químico de Sarrià (IQS) is a prestigious Jesuit institution in Barcelona and a part of the 11 member institution Universitat Ramon Llull (URL). IQS offers more than a century of experience in providing a holistic approach to education and has a reputation for academic excellence and social commitment that ensures a well-rounded and challenging experience for its students. The University consists of two divisions: the IQS School of Engineering and the IQS School of Management (AACSB accredited). IQS and its University network Courses are taught in English and class sizes are small, allowing maximum access to IQS's world-class faculty.
Pre-Requisites for Program/Eligibility
SAI requires a 2.75 GPA to be considered for this program.
: 3 week session
AREAS OF STUDY
- Business & Economics
- Modern Languages & Cultures
- Social Science
To view courses offered, click here
SAI will house you in student apartments. SAI student apartments are convenient, clean, and well equipped, with shared occupancy bedrooms (upgrade to private bedroom available). Typical residences house 2 – 8 students and contain a combination of private and shared bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom and living areas.
1. Administrative Fee: $150
2. Belmont Tuition:
The Provider will bill Belmont for cost of program (tuition and housing). Belmont will pay the provider and place cost of program on student's Belmont account.
Students are responsible for booking their own international travel. It is recommended that students wait to be accepted fully into their program before booking their airfare.
Visas may require a fee (SAI will provide visa information if you are accepted)
Students are welcomed to their new city over a traditional 3 course Spanish lunch to mingle and get to know each other. Following lunch, students take a walking tour to visit several of Barcelona’s most famous Modernism buildings. Students will also visit the town of Sitges, which is a paradise of sun, sea and mild temperatures year-round, and a venue for international film and music festivals. Beautiful views and long beaches make Sitges a wonderful day trip. Students will take a cooking lesson designed to teach typical Spanish (mostly Catalan) dishes that are easy to make again independently. Dishes are prepared according to the season and include appetizer, main course and dessert.
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Summer/Fall/Academic Year Programs: March 1
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
This program has a two-step application process:
Step 1) Belmont’s Study Abroad Office application, which requires:
Step 2) The Provider application, to be completed SIMULTANEOUSLY with Step 1:
- Passport photocopy
- Online questionnaires
- Signature documents
- You must submit the provider application and all requested documents directly to the provider by the Belmont Abroad Office deadline, regardless of the deadlines set by the provider organization.
- Instructions for completing the provider application will be provided on your Belmont Abroad Office application. You should contact the provider directly if you have further questions about the application.
- Your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted both the Belmont application and the provider application.
Office of Study Abroad • JAAC 1009