PROGRAM | COURSES AVAILABLE | COSTS | APPLICATION PROCESS | FACULTY CONTACTS
CHORALE TOUR OF GHANA
Join the Belmont University Chorale as they tour Ghana in West Africa. After arriving in the capital city of Ghana, Accra, students will have the opportunity to partake in a workshop on traditional Ghanaian drumming as well as participate in an African music workshop at the University of Ghana Lago. Then, students will travel to a small regional village, which includes sharing music with the local community. Students will also get to experience the Cape Coast and Kakum National Park. Other concerts performances take place in the courtyard of Elmina Castle, at the Kumasi Cultural Center, and a local Ghanaian church.
Please note that traveling to the country of Ghana requires immunizations, not included in the program fee. (Yellow fever is REQUIRED.)
- Drum workshop in Accra
- Cape Coast route
- Kakum National Park and canopy ropewalk
- Kumasi Fort and Okomfo Anokye Sword
- Aburi Botanical Gardens and Drum Making Center
- Accra city tour and Crafts Center
All courses will satisfy either Belmont requirements in the Gen Ed core or the specified major. If you choose to take classes, you must participate in at least one course offered in Ghana. Chorale members have the option to only participate in the tour without taking courses
. You should consult individual program faculty to see how online options can fit into your study abroad program.
- PSY 2950: The Role of Culture in Western and African Society: Does Where I Am Affect Who I Am? (3 credits)
- AET 4580: Location Recording for Live Performance (3 credits)
ENG 3950: Third Year Writing (English 3010; satisfies BELL CORE requirement)
REL 3950: Religion Jr. Cornerstone (Path A or B; satisfies BELL CORE requirement)
INB 3950: (satisfies BBA Core Business requirement for International Business 3300)
1. Program Fee: $4,250:
This fee will include round-trip airfare from Nashville, housing, meals, visa documents, group travel between destinations on the itinerary, entrance fees, student health insurance.
Costs not covered by the program fee include:
Course texts/supplies, immunizations, Yellow Fever vaccination*, and personal expenses.
*The Yellow Fever vaccination is required.
2. Belmont Tuition
Tuition is charged at the special study abroad tuition rate of 2/3 off the cost of normal maymester tuition. For every 3 hours of study abroad credit you register for, you pay for only one hour.
Faculty-Led Application Process
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Break Programs: November 15
- Maymester Programs: February 1
- Summer Programs: February 15
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
Dr. Jeffery Ames
Associate Professor, School of Music
firstname.lastname@example.org • WILSON 112