PROGRAM | COURSES AVAILABLE | COSTS | APPLICATION PROCESS | FACULTY CONTACTS
A HISTORY OF LONDON OF DRESS
Maymester: May 6, 2019 – May 31, 2019
Elizabeth, Brummel, Victoria, Quaint, and Diana…Join us as we experience the lives of these and other British fashionistas! Walk through iconic scenes of London’s dramatic past while experiencing art, politics, history, theatre, and of course… fashion! Journey with us as we gain a rich understanding and appreciation for the people that have inspired the world through both their style and cultural outlook.
Part One: May 6th – 11th: Students will prepare for departure through on-campus classes in order to gain familiarity with key terminology and historical significance of styles and figures in London fashion.
Part Two: May 12th – 26th: This 2-week study tour is an adventure in London to explore first-hand the historic landmarks, theatres, and museums, as well as attend performances at the Globe and other classic London theatre spaces. Students will experience the history, lifestyle, and culture of the British by visiting the homes of famous figures in history, participating in tours and workshops, and travelling the streets of London looking for costume design inspiration.
- Thames River Cruise
- The Crown Jewels and Royal Armouries
- Kensington Palace
- Tour and Workshop at the Fan Museum
- Shakespeare’s Globe
- Day trip to Hampton Court Palace
- Day trip to Bath
All courses will satisfy either Belmont requirements in the Gen Ed core or the specified major. You must participate in at least one
course offered in London. You should consult individual program faculty to see how online options can fit into your study abroad program.
- TDR 2950: Elizabeth to Elizabeth: A History of London Through Dress (Fine Arts Elective) (3 hours)
- TDR 3950: Elizabeth to Elizabeth: A History of London Through Dress: A Junior Cornerstone (3 hours)
ENG 3950: Third Year Writing (English 3010; satisfies BELL CORE requirement)
REL 3950: Religion Jr. Cornerstone (Path A or B; satisfies BELL CORE requirement)
INB 3950: (satisfies BBA Core Business requirement for International Business 3300)
1. Program Fee: $5,750:
round-trip airfare from Nashville, in country transportation, housing abroad, all group activities (museums, tours, guest lectures, workshops, theatre productions, etc.), and health insurance.
Costs not covered by the program fee include:
Course texts/supplies, personal expenses, meals, tuition, and campus housing.
2. Belmont Tuition
Tuition is charged at the special study abroad tuition rate of 2/3 off the cost of normal maymester tuition. For every 3 hours of study abroad credit you register for, you pay for only one hour.
Program Deposit: $500 due at time of acceptance
Faculty-Led Application Process
Dates and Deadlines
All requirements must be completed by the Study Abroad Office deadlines: online materials are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline date
How to Apply
- Spring Break Programs: November 15
- Maymester Programs: February 1
- Summer Programs: February 15
1. Please click the Apply Now button (found at the top-right of this page and/or at the bottom of this page) to apply.
2. You will automatically be directed to your myBelmont account to log-in.
3. After logging in to your myBelmont account, if you are not re-directed back to Belmont Global, open a new window for Belmont Global to complete your application.
email@example.com • TROUTT THEATER 114